Davis takes men’s title in golf club championships
Wild Horse Golf Club crowned a new club champion Sunday when Tim Davis captured the men’s title with a 36-hole score of 144.
Davis, who won the championship flight from the gold tees, took the title after finishing in a tie for third place at last year’s tournament
Jeff Holsten, last year’s winner, finished second at 146 with Dan Yancy placing third with a score of 151 and Luke Rickertsen at 161 for fourth.
Lyle Olson won the first flight playing from the black tees with an 18-hole score of 78.
Bart Nichols was three strokes back with 84.
In the second flight from the black tees, Gregg Anderson shot 78 to win and Dan Scherer carded 81 for second.
The third flight was won by Jeff Harm with a score of 83 and Jay Matzke came in second at 92.
Donn Loy was the gross score winner in the silver tee flight with a total of 85. Gary Fritch came in second in gross scoring at 85 as well but lost on the tie-breaker.
Ed Fruit shot the best net score which considers handicap, finishing with 66.
A total of 47 men competed in the club championship.
Championship Flight, Gold Tees (36 Holes)
1. Tim Davis 144
2. Jeff Holsten 146
3. Dan Yancy 151
4. Luke Rickertsen 161
First Flight, Black Tees
1. Lyle Olson 78
2. Bart Nichols 81
3. Todd Geiken 82
4. George Cornwell 82
Second Flight, Black Tees
1. Gregg Anderson 78
2. Dan Scherer 81
3. Doug Larson 82
Third Flight, Black Tees
1. Jeff Harm 83
2. Jay Matzke 92
3. Seth Ryker 94
1G. Donn Loy 81
2G. Gary Fritch 85
1N. Ed Fruit 66
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite
- Young Eagles hope to soar in new conference
- Maltese mix deemed dangerous dog
- Sponsors rededicate Thirty Mile Irrigation Canal
- Volleyball squad seeks state trip despite a difficult district draw
- Valuation climbs in county, locally during 2014