New Teacher—Angela Abercrombie
Educator joins Gothenburg Public School staff
Subject: Special education
Education: Graduated McCook High School, 2005; received an associate degree from Mid-Plains Community College, 2007; received degrees in elementary education and special education from UNK, 2009.
Experience: Worked as special education paraprofessional at Sandoz Elementary in Lexington.
Why did you want to teach at Gothenburg Public Schools: “I had heard great things about Gothenburg and the school system and how everyone wants to better the community and educational system and participates in the educational system. It was an environment in which I wanted to begin my teaching career.”
Her story: During her senior year of high school, Abercrombie was a teacher’s aid for fifth graders. She enjoyed helping struggling readers and decided to pursue a degree in special education.
Hobbies: Reading, hanging out, taking long walks, playing tennis and spending time with family and friends.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly