New Teacher—Angela Abercrombie
Educator joins Gothenburg Public School staff
Subject: Special education
Education: Graduated McCook High School, 2005; received an associate degree from Mid-Plains Community College, 2007; received degrees in elementary education and special education from UNK, 2009.
Experience: Worked as special education paraprofessional at Sandoz Elementary in Lexington.
Why did you want to teach at Gothenburg Public Schools: “I had heard great things about Gothenburg and the school system and how everyone wants to better the community and educational system and participates in the educational system. It was an environment in which I wanted to begin my teaching career.”
Her story: During her senior year of high school, Abercrombie was a teacher’s aid for fifth graders. She enjoyed helping struggling readers and decided to pursue a degree in special education.
Hobbies: Reading, hanging out, taking long walks, playing tennis and spending time with family and friends.
- Four Swedes finish season at state meet
- Swedes advance to post-season play
- Eagles remain atop District 9 standings
- Ag Land management workshop in Lexington
- Lake, park proposed project revealed
- Vandalism under investigation
- Beauty can shine through at any age
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet