New Teacher—Ken Rigler
Educator joins Gothenburg Public School staff
Subject: Industrial technology
Education: Graduated from Glenbard West High School in GlenEllyn, IL; received a degree in industrial arts from Westmark College in Le Mars, IA, in 1976 and a master’s degree in vocational education from Kearney State College in 1987.
Experience: Opened a True Value Hardware store in Callaway with a friend, 1977; taught industrial arts at Callaway Public Schools for 31 years.
Family: Wife, Connie, and three children: Jenny, 32; Kenny, Jr., 30; and Leslie, 28;.
Why did you want to teach at Gothenburg Public Schools: “I had always heard great things about Gothenburg. In teaching, you get a feel for systems that are good and strong. I felt like this was a good fit.”
His story: Rigler said he had a high school wrestling coach who influenced him to get into teaching. Rigler worked at a cabinet shop through high school so the two seemed like a natural fit as well as getting a chance to coach.
Hobbies: Woodworking and spending time outside with the couple’s German sheperds—Jasmine and Millie—and their horses.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar