New Teacher—Ken Rigler
Educator joins Gothenburg Public School staff
Subject: Industrial technology
Education: Graduated from Glenbard West High School in GlenEllyn, IL; received a degree in industrial arts from Westmark College in Le Mars, IA, in 1976 and a master’s degree in vocational education from Kearney State College in 1987.
Experience: Opened a True Value Hardware store in Callaway with a friend, 1977; taught industrial arts at Callaway Public Schools for 31 years.
Family: Wife, Connie, and three children: Jenny, 32; Kenny, Jr., 30; and Leslie, 28;.
Why did you want to teach at Gothenburg Public Schools: “I had always heard great things about Gothenburg. In teaching, you get a feel for systems that are good and strong. I felt like this was a good fit.”
His story: Rigler said he had a high school wrestling coach who influenced him to get into teaching. Rigler worked at a cabinet shop through high school so the two seemed like a natural fit as well as getting a chance to coach.
Hobbies: Woodworking and spending time outside with the couple’s German sheperds—Jasmine and Millie—and their horses.
- Swedes runner up at own play invite
- Money backing sewer improvements
- Valued worker receives gift
- Four Swedes selected to all-conference team
- Area News Digest
- Fiber optic infrastructure could be installed in Gothenburg
- Gothenburg’s art club learns what art professionals expect
- Swede football triumph over adversity