Rural Fire Board
MEMBERS MEET: The Gothenburg Rural Fire District board met recently at the fire hall. The rural fire district owns the fire hall and much of the equipment the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department uses to fight fires. Board members govern the equipment and supplies that help provide fire protection to rural areas. The board meets two to three times a year.
Pictured are, l-r: Ken Kenning, Joe France, Troy Franzen, Roger Wahlgren, Larry Peterson and Les Brown. Not pictured: Steve Ackerman. Fire chief Mark Ballmer described the district as outside city limits which is west to Buttermilk Hill, south to Hiles Canyon, east to Willow Island and north about 20 miles.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates