Rural Fire Board
MEMBERS MEET: The Gothenburg Rural Fire District board met recently at the fire hall. The rural fire district owns the fire hall and much of the equipment the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department uses to fight fires. Board members govern the equipment and supplies that help provide fire protection to rural areas. The board meets two to three times a year.
Pictured are, l-r: Ken Kenning, Joe France, Troy Franzen, Roger Wahlgren, Larry Peterson and Les Brown. Not pictured: Steve Ackerman. Fire chief Mark Ballmer described the district as outside city limits which is west to Buttermilk Hill, south to Hiles Canyon, east to Willow Island and north about 20 miles.
- Avenue I to get more sidewalk
- Wellness Center decision after budget workshop
- Airport Authority wants board member removed
- Eagle football looks to repeat last year’s success
- Rural Poll finds insights on rural Nebraskans’ activism
- Soybean farmers observe, evaluate work of checkoff
- District 20 enrollment creeps up
- Coaches remain confident after 15-4 loss to McCook