Golfers give their best effort
LEXINGTON—The Gothenburg golf team had it’s best combined performance so far this season at the Lexington Invite on Friday despite finishing ninth of 10 teams.
“The competition was of a higher quality than at Broken Bow,” coach Jim Henke said of the meet the day before.
With identical scores of 109, Heidi Teahon and Jourdan Matthies led the Swedes to a 471 team total.
That is 18 strokes better than their previous team best.
Teahon and Matthies were seven strokes from a medal but each earned their personal best individual scores, Henke said.
McCook easily won the team title with a combined total of 361. Lexington was second at 425.
Top medalist of the meet was Abrea Hernandez of Lexington carding an 81.
Gothenburg sophomore Kristin Bartlett improved her personal best by eight strokes while Saraid Baca and Crystal Moore continued to gain experience with good efforts, Henke said.
The golfers hosted their own invite on Tuesday and will play next at the Dawson County meet in Cozad at 1 p.m. on Friday.
- Luncheon Carolers
- Eagles grounded
- Brady bounces Paxton, Twin Loup
- Brady school board working through superintendent search
- Generous donations push Shares fund closer to the top
- Reeves named to OWH All-Nebraska first team
- County board agrees to remodeling bids
- Swede girls get confidence and a win at Grant