Swede golfers shoot best score in two years
Gothenburg places fifth at Lexington with 433.
LEXINGTON—None of the Swedes earned medals during the Lexington golf invite on Friday but their combined effort and balance led to the lowest team score of the season.
The Swedes finished fifth as a team with 433.
“The girls had better team balance than in previous meets,” said coach Jim Henke. “Some individuals had personal bests to help the team record its lowest score in two years.”
Anna Boson led Gothenburg. The junior shot a nine-hole personal best 46 on the back nine and finished with an even 100.
Senior Elizabeth Graham finished with 107.
“Liz had possibly her worst front nine ever,” Henke said, “but she showed great determination with her personal best nine-hole score of 46 on the back nine.”
Freshman Heidi Teahon continued to gain confidence, Henke said, as she played beyond her experience level and helped lower the team score by improving her personal best 10 strokes for a 110 total.
Haley Scheidt improved her personal best 18-hole score as well, lowering it by six strokes to 116.
The Swedes travel to Lexington on Friday for the Dawson County meet. Tee time has been changed from 1 p.m. to 11 a.m.
1. McCook 358; 2. North Platte 363; 3. Hastings 376; 4. Minden 381; 5. Gothenburg 433; 6. Lexington 435; 7. Holdrege 437; 8. Broken Bow 481; 9. Cozad 483; Perkins County and York, no team scores.
TOP 15 GOLFERS
1. Shayla Belka, NP 83
2. Taylor Thompson, Hastings 83
3. Allie Exstrom, Minden 86
4. Shelby Allen, McCook 87
5. Jenna Blazer, Hastings 87
6. Abrea Hernandez, Lex 87
7. Kaylee Samway, McCook 88
8. Megan Rokusek, McCook 89
9. Hilary Spelts, NP 90
10. Jeannie Kuskie, PC 91
11. Rachael Leibhart, Lex 92
12. Brittany Vohland, BBow 93
13. Karissa Moreland, NP 93
14. Laynee Woodward, Minden 93
15. Alex Trew, McCook 94
Anna Boson 54-46—100
Elizabeth Graham 61-46—107
Heidi Teahon 54-56—110
Haley Scheidt 57-59—116
Jourdan Matthies 60-59—119
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State