Brady budget passes without a comment
Brady taxpayers will pay 84 cents less per $100,000 in property value for the coming budget year.
Village officials recognize that’s not much of a tax break for residents but point out it’s not an increase either.
The village board of trustees approved the 2010-11 budget, tax request and levy during their regular monthly meeting on Sept. 8.
Operating expenses are expected at $390,050 with a tax request of $63,630.
A unanimous vote came after a public hearing in which no residents spoke.
The budget is $6,450 lower than last year but still allows for money to be saved in reserve.
In other business, trustees voted to change a village ordinance which previously set the due date for resident water, sewer and trash bills
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.