BANNER YEAR: Farmers Insurance agent Natalie Rickel of Lexington (third from left) presented a banner to Gothenburg High School Friday night in honor of the school earning one of 10 of the Nebraska School Activities Association’s inaugural school sportsmanship awards corporately sponsored by Farmers Insurance. The new program is designed to recognize NSAA member high schools that establish and follow a quality sportsmanship program within their athletic activities. Also pictured, from left, are GHS principal Randy Evans, activities director Seth Ryker and Jim Rickel of Lexington.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.