Passing game falters at Minden triangular
MINDEN—When serve receive breaks down for a volleyball team, it’s difficult to be effective at the net.
Gothenburg coach Becky Costello said the Swedes struggled passing during both games of a triangular at Minden on Sept. 21, losing to Axtell 25-20, 25-18 and to Minden 25-15, 25-19.
“We simply couldn’t pass,” Costello said. “We couldn’t get the ball up to the setter so our setters had to come behind the 10-foot line. That meant they struggled to get the ball close enough to the net for a hit so our attacks weren’t effective.”
It was a disappointing night, Costello said, because the Swedes didn’t play up to their potential.
“It’s different if you play well and lose,” she said, “but we really didn’t play well at all.”
Against Axtell, Costello said the Swedes were up 7-2 when
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship