School board mulling all bus barn options
The Brady school board is considering all options available and will study cost feasibility before deciding what to do about a bus barn.
Three options were discussed at Monday’s regular monthly board meeting—remodel the south building, lease a quonset across the highway or construct a new bus barn.
“I think we need to do something,” said superintendent Bill Porter.
An initial look at the south campus building showed it may be more costly than originally thought to remodel, Porter said.
The school board agreed to spend $500 for an engineering study to see if the work is practical.
The board also received an offer from Don and Connie Hansen, who recently purchased land and a 120-foot by 60-foot quonset across North Brady Road east of the school.
They agreed to lease the building for use as
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30