Schwanz joins elite with 100th career win
Gothenburg senior Tanner Schwanz can already check one goal off his list for the season.
By beating Brenton Christian of Sidney at 130 pounds in dual action Friday night, the three-time state qualifier reached the 100-win mark for his career.
Coach Eric Manstedt says it’s an elite status only a handful of Gothenburg wrestlers have achieved.
“Now he’s got that monkey off his back,” Manstedt said, “and he can focus on the rest of his senior season.”
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500