Magic on Main Street
SANTA’S LAP: The Anderson sisters have different reactions to meeting Santa Thursday night during the Gothenburg Chamber-of-Commerce sponsored Magic on Main Street event. The evening began with a jingle bell parade on a flat-bed trailer to the northeast intersection of Highway 30 and Lake Avenue where Santa lit a decorated Christmas tree.
Kids then traveled downtown for a visit with Santa, more trailer rides and rides on a fire truck. Downtown businesses opened their doors for holiday shoppers. Pictured with Santa are, l-r: Jenna Anderson, 1; Lyndsay Anderson, 2; and Marcy Slack at Gothenburg State Bank.
- Swim team compete at league championship
- Mentoring said to stay with kids all their lives
- Gothenburg man dies in single-car accident
- History preserved
- Sewer improvements
- Brady Days ‘brand wagon’ offers something for everyone
- Ag leaders unite to address property taxes, other issues
- Monday morning accident