Magic on Main Street
SANTA’S LAP: The Anderson sisters have different reactions to meeting Santa Thursday night during the Gothenburg Chamber-of-Commerce sponsored Magic on Main Street event. The evening began with a jingle bell parade on a flat-bed trailer to the northeast intersection of Highway 30 and Lake Avenue where Santa lit a decorated Christmas tree.
Kids then traveled downtown for a visit with Santa, more trailer rides and rides on a fire truck. Downtown businesses opened their doors for holiday shoppers. Pictured with Santa are, l-r: Jenna Anderson, 1; Lyndsay Anderson, 2; and Marcy Slack at Gothenburg State Bank.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action