Magic on Main Street
SANTA’S LAP: The Anderson sisters have different reactions to meeting Santa Thursday night during the Gothenburg Chamber-of-Commerce sponsored Magic on Main Street event. The evening began with a jingle bell parade on a flat-bed trailer to the northeast intersection of Highway 30 and Lake Avenue where Santa lit a decorated Christmas tree.
Kids then traveled downtown for a visit with Santa, more trailer rides and rides on a fire truck. Downtown businesses opened their doors for holiday shoppers. Pictured with Santa are, l-r: Jenna Anderson, 1; Lyndsay Anderson, 2; and Marcy Slack at Gothenburg State Bank.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together