Leaky lagoon issues loom
The sewer lagoon issues brought to light by a notice of violation over a year ago have not gone away.
At the same time, a solution to Brady’s leaky lagoon has not been determined either.
Reed Miller of Miller & Associates of Kearney told village board members on Jan. 12 that his engineering group is working on the study to determine exactly what is needed to fix the problem.
Miller acknowledged the village has missed state-determined deadlines for a solution but he said no fines will be levied because of it.
“The Department of Environmental Quality wanted it fixed already,” Miller said. “Their original completion date is long past. We’re working with the state on the time table.”
Malfunctioning sewer equipment has prevented accurate flow readings in the study process, he said.
Repairs have now been made so the study can resume. Miller expects
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State