‘Angel’ touches shopper’s heart
I had shopped at the dollar Store and left with a loaded cart—dog food, heavy canned goods packed in plastic bags.
When I got the curb, I left my cart in front of my car. I started to take two bags to the car, but when I looked down at the pavement, it was covered with ice with a layer of water on top. I hesitated, remembering I had to be careful even though it had been awhile since hip surgery.
I made my way carefully to the car, opened the back door and proceeded to place the bags in the back seat. When I started back to my cart, there was a nice-looking gentleman standing by my cart. He said, “Let my help you, I noticed you were struggling so I’ll just hand the bags to you.”
It took him only a few minutes and he had carried everything to my car. I turned and gave him a big hug and said, “Thank you!” He said “Be careful now,” and took my cart back to the store.
I had been touched by an angel and I hadn’t asked his name.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together