Spiegel earns 100th win as a junior
Gothenburg junior Mitch Spiegel joins an elite group of Swede wrestlers after winning his 100th career match at Hastings on Saturday.
Spiegel earned two pins and a forfeit in the 103-pound weight class before pinning his Hastings opponent in his final match of the day for his 100th victory.
“Mitch only has five losses on the year,” said coach Eric Manstedt. “That’s an extremely good record and Mitch has some high goals set for himself.”
Since he’s only a junior, Spiegel has the potential to finish his career with 150 wins.
First, though, Manstedt said Spiegel has his eye on a state medal. He finished sixth in Class B last year.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins