Spiegel earns 100th win as a junior
Gothenburg junior Mitch Spiegel joins an elite group of Swede wrestlers after winning his 100th career match at Hastings on Saturday.
Spiegel earned two pins and a forfeit in the 103-pound weight class before pinning his Hastings opponent in his final match of the day for his 100th victory.
“Mitch only has five losses on the year,” said coach Eric Manstedt. “That’s an extremely good record and Mitch has some high goals set for himself.”
Since he’s only a junior, Spiegel has the potential to finish his career with 150 wins.
First, though, Manstedt said Spiegel has his eye on a state medal. He finished sixth in Class B last year.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC