Spiegel earns 100th win as a junior
Gothenburg junior Mitch Spiegel joins an elite group of Swede wrestlers after winning his 100th career match at Hastings on Saturday.
Spiegel earned two pins and a forfeit in the 103-pound weight class before pinning his Hastings opponent in his final match of the day for his 100th victory.
“Mitch only has five losses on the year,” said coach Eric Manstedt. “That’s an extremely good record and Mitch has some high goals set for himself.”
Since he’s only a junior, Spiegel has the potential to finish his career with 150 wins.
First, though, Manstedt said Spiegel has his eye on a state medal. He finished sixth in Class B last year.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500