Students collect more than 1,000 items for food pantry
In an effort to restock the shelves of the community food pantry, Brady Public School students collected more than 1,000 food and toiletry items during a drive last week.
A contest at the school pitted each grade against each other in elementary and high school divisions.
It was a tight race between elementary classes with the second graders in Bridget Rossman’s room collecting 181 items to edge out the fifth grade.
The winning class earned a virtual field trip with principal Bruce Hird.
In the 7-12 division, the junior class finished with 165 items to win an afternoon outside of school.
A total of 1,024 items were counted, including money donations. Each dollar was equivalent to two food items.
The food pantry provides non-perishable food and toiletry items to Brady families in need throughout the year as well as holiday boxes delivered in November.
For more information, contact the village office at 584-3316.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite