Students celebrate FFA week
The FFA chapter at Gothenburg High School recognized and did several activities in honor of National FFA week, Feb. 19-26.
Members submitted several environmentally-conscious projects to the state from the year which included collecting pop tops grades K-12 to send to Ronald McDonald House in Omaha, planting trees and flowers at E.G. West Park and the school, hosting a “green” poster-coloring and trivia contests, decorating grocery bags with “green” tips and making “green” pledges.
On Friday, FFA’ers treated supportive community members to a pork lunch at the school.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State