Students celebrate FFA week
The FFA chapter at Gothenburg High School recognized and did several activities in honor of National FFA week, Feb. 19-26.
Members submitted several environmentally-conscious projects to the state from the year which included collecting pop tops grades K-12 to send to Ronald McDonald House in Omaha, planting trees and flowers at E.G. West Park and the school, hosting a “green” poster-coloring and trivia contests, decorating grocery bags with “green” tips and making “green” pledges.
On Friday, FFA’ers treated supportive community members to a pork lunch at the school.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC