Eagle speech team wins conference meet
CODY—The Brady speech team earned medals in 17 of its 18 entries at the Sandhills Conference speech meet in Cody on Feb. 23 to blow away the competition in the team standings.
Brady finished with 145 sweepstakes points with Mullen second at 102 and Hyannis third with 84.
The Eagles brought home six first-place finishes.
Event champions were Jessica Schrad in serious prose, Valerie Most in humorous prose, Donnie Trisdale in entertainment speaking, Micah Most in informative speaking, Taina Taullie and Brodie Sullivan-Bock in duet acting and the oral interpretation of drama team including Tyler Egenberger, Tyler Klienow, Micah Most, Ryan Porter and Tyrel Grasz.
Speech coach Dawn Jobman said several of the competitors were entered in events they had not done yet this year and still earned medals.
“I am so proud of all of them,” she said.
Others to earn medals include:
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500