Four Shillings Short
CELTIC MUSIC: Four Shillings Short, composed of Aodh Óg Ó Tuama (left) who is originally from Cork, Ireland, and Christy Martin of San Diego, CA, entertained Gothenburg Public School students March 2 and performed for the public that evening in the performing arts center. Ó Tuama plays the Irish tin whistle and Martin performs on a hammered dulcimer. The California-based couple describes themselves as traveling musicians who play music from Ireland, Scotland, England, America, Medieval Europe and India, and tell about the different instruments they use. More information is available www.art.net/4ss.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action