Full steam head on GHS cafeteria renovation
Board okays plan for Community Building remodel.
If bids are favorable, construction crews will take up residence in the Community Building this summer.
At a lengthy meeting Monday, the District 20 school board approved a plan for renovating approximately 12,000 square feet of the food service kitchen, cafeteria, concession and rest room facilities.
The plan also includes a remodel of the weight room in the Community Building which would add about 750 square feet for more equipment.
Instead, two rest rooms in the area would be eliminated and remodeled to add space for more weight equipment and for referees to shower and dress—if the cafeteria bid is low enough.
Superintendent Mike Teahon estimates the cost of both projects at roughly $750,000.
The project will be financed by the school’s special building fund which is now at $1 million.
Teahon noted that the district has saved money in the fund for several years to do the project which is one of several on a long-term planning list.
Once the plan is finalized by designer DLR Group of Omaha, Teahon said he expects bidding to occur and a construction firm chosen in April.
Officials hope construction starts this summer and is finished when school begins in August.
In the plan,
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout