GVFD reflects on past year
The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department held its annual banquet March 19 at Wild Horse Golf Course.
A tally of calls answered in 2010 was read by president Rob Ostergard. There were 278 ambulance and transfer calls, and 66 total fire calls.
Awards for years of service were presented, and seven members received certificates in recognition for a combined total of 145 years of dedicated service to the department.
Three new members joined the department in 2010. They are Tyrel Rite, Chris Horn and Trevor Anderson. Also of note, of the 44 members of the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department, 22 are current EMTs.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog