Brady band wins SHC championship
The Brady High School band won its second consecutive Sandhills Conference instrumental championship during the annual conference contest in Mullen on March 29.
The concert band and eight individuals or ensembles earned I ratings, the highest possible in the contest.
Drummer Kyle Pohlman and saxophone player Marc Kramer-Davis each earned gold medals as top performers in their divisions.
“The music students did an outstanding job,” said music director Valerie Pohlman. “They’ve been practicing for many weeks and it showed. It really makes my job great to have so many talented, dedicated and hard working students to work with.”
Performers and their ratings were:
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite