Brady band wins SHC championship
The Brady High School band won its second consecutive Sandhills Conference instrumental championship during the annual conference contest in Mullen on March 29.
The concert band and eight individuals or ensembles earned I ratings, the highest possible in the contest.
Drummer Kyle Pohlman and saxophone player Marc Kramer-Davis each earned gold medals as top performers in their divisions.
“The music students did an outstanding job,” said music director Valerie Pohlman. “They’ve been practicing for many weeks and it showed. It really makes my job great to have so many talented, dedicated and hard working students to work with.”
Performers and their ratings were:
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates