Brady band wins SHC championship
The Brady High School band won its second consecutive Sandhills Conference instrumental championship during the annual conference contest in Mullen on March 29.
The concert band and eight individuals or ensembles earned I ratings, the highest possible in the contest.
Drummer Kyle Pohlman and saxophone player Marc Kramer-Davis each earned gold medals as top performers in their divisions.
“The music students did an outstanding job,” said music director Valerie Pohlman. “They’ve been practicing for many weeks and it showed. It really makes my job great to have so many talented, dedicated and hard working students to work with.”
Performers and their ratings were:
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500