Gothenburg finds success at Cozad
COZAD—Two Swede girls hit all-time Top 10 marks during a triangular at Cozad on Thursday.
Senior Ali Clark cleared 9-6 in the pole vault to improve her personal best by two inches and tie for the No. 2 spot on the school’s all-time record list.
She took first in the event.
Fellow senior Abby Ambler broke into the Top 10 in the long jump, tying the No. 10 position at 16 feet, 4.5 inches.
Her personal best also won the event for the Swedes.
Overall, Gothenburg’s girls took first in six events and the boys dominated the three-team field with 10 first-place finishes.
Brandon Wlasiuk, a junior, led Gothenburg with three wins in the long jump, triple jump and a tie for first in the high jump.
No team scores were kept.
Swede coach Steve Reeves said he entered a full squad of Gothenburg contestants including varsity and reserve participants, using the meet as a warm-up for the Ogallala Invite the next day.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC