Swede boys run away with DC title, girls 2nd
COZAD—The Gothenburg boys easily cruised to the top of the team standings at the Dawson County track meet on Monday in Cozad while the Swede girls finished a distant second to Lexington.
In all, Gothenburg earned 16 first-place finishes.
For the girls, senior Joslyn Oliver led the Swedes with a pair of wins in the triple jump and long jump.
On the boys side, Brandon Wlasiuk and Tannor Mroczek were both dual winners. Wlasiuk took first in the long and triple jumps while Mroczek won the 100- and 200-meter dashes.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30