Swede boys run away with DC title, girls 2nd
COZAD—The Gothenburg boys easily cruised to the top of the team standings at the Dawson County track meet on Monday in Cozad while the Swede girls finished a distant second to Lexington.
In all, Gothenburg earned 16 first-place finishes.
For the girls, senior Joslyn Oliver led the Swedes with a pair of wins in the triple jump and long jump.
On the boys side, Brandon Wlasiuk and Tannor Mroczek were both dual winners. Wlasiuk took first in the long and triple jumps while Mroczek won the 100- and 200-meter dashes.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates