Swede boys run away with DC title, girls 2nd
COZAD—The Gothenburg boys easily cruised to the top of the team standings at the Dawson County track meet on Monday in Cozad while the Swede girls finished a distant second to Lexington.
In all, Gothenburg earned 16 first-place finishes.
For the girls, senior Joslyn Oliver led the Swedes with a pair of wins in the triple jump and long jump.
On the boys side, Brandon Wlasiuk and Tannor Mroczek were both dual winners. Wlasiuk took first in the long and triple jumps while Mroczek won the 100- and 200-meter dashes.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout