Bids to be opened for school expansion
Building specs approved.
As cafeteria expansion and Community Building remodeling plans become more specific, school officials are reaching goals.
At their meeting Monday night, school board members learned that at least 10 minutes have been added to student time in the cafeteria. Officials said a goal is to start lunchtime at 11:30 a.m. instead of 10:50 a.m.
Allowing students more time to eat closer to noon has been a concern of the board, parents and school officials.
After looking at floor plans, the board unanimously approved bid specifications. Bids will be opened and reviewed in the district office April 28. On May 2, the board will have a special meeting to accept a bid for the project.
Included in the specifications is renovation of approximately 12,000 square feet of the food service kitchen, cafeteria, concession and rest room facilities.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Control drives abusers, fear keeps victims from leaving
- Space issues driving surgical expansion at GMH
- Seven in race for two council seats
- Irish explode offensively in win over Brady boys
- CPNRD gains acreage by Darr
- Local salt suppliers keep up with demand for salt
- Gothenburg’s share of ACE grants is $1,747
- You win some, you lose some