Trap club finishes season at state shoot
DONIPHAN—Members of the Gothenburg Youth Trap Club ended the 2011 shooting season at the Cornhusker State Trap Shoot in Doniphan on Saturday.
Gothenburg shooters were among 1,891 to compete throughout the three-day event, a record number for a Nebraska state trapshooting contest.
Creighton Prep’s blue team won the overall team title with a high score of 872.
Gothenburg’s senior team consisting of Alex Ballmer, Alex Schultz, Taylor Walker, Colby Simants and Cooper Brott finished with a team score of 811 for 19th place in the state.
Ballmer and Schultz tied with an overall score of 172 to lead Gothenburg. Ballmer finished in 38th place and Schultz was 41st.
Junior shooter Anna Eggers of Elwood, who shoots for Gothenburg, finished in a tie for fourth place among the junior ladies with a score of 71-of-100.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates