Golfers card best score at Holdrege
HOLDREGE—With a course in good shape and the weather cooperating, the only thing the Swede golfers had to battle against at the Holdrege Country Club on April 26 was themselves.
Gothenburg coach Don Graham said mixing up the usual order of golfers a bit helped several Swedes improve their scores to finish with an 18-hole team total of 345, the best so far this year.
“I think it helped them take a little pressure off themselves,” Graham said.
For instance the coach moved Jackson Graham from the No. 1 golfing position on the team to the No. 4 and the junior shot an 80, good enough for the 15th-place medal.
“It’s like when they made a bogie, they didn’t have to think so much about where they stood in the group because almost everybody else was making bogies too,” the coach said.
But despite the best combined total this spring, the Swedes couldn’t finish any better than 10th place as a team.
McCook took the team title with an outstanding score of 304 followed by Aurora with 323.
“I guess we’re playing better,” Graham said. “I’d still like to see us more toward the top of the pack.”
Sean Backer of McCook earned the individual title shooting 72.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president