FFA’ers recognized at annual banquet
Gothenburg’s FFA organization recognized the accomplishments of members throughout the year at its annual banquet April 19 at the school.
One of the highlights of the event was honoring Brennan Costello for his election as president of the Nebraska FFA.
Fifth-generation ranchers Troy and Stacy Hadrick of South Dakota were keynote speakers who talked about advocating for agriculture.
Kris Epke and Tim Maline received appreciation awards for their involvement in FFA.
The star chapter farmer was Aaron Lauer while the star agribusiness recipient was Kyle Kleinknecht. Rebecca Anderson has honored as the star greenhand.
Top salesperson was Jamie Messersmith while the workhorse award went to Kyle Demoret.
Officers were also named for the 2011-12 school year. They are: Peyton Maline, president; Morgan Kowalewski, vice president; Kerry McPheeters, treasurer; Maddy Costello, secretary; Tyler Block, sentinel; Kaylee Beyea, parliamentarian; Jamie Messersmith, sod treasurer; Cale Moore and Amanda Larson, reporters.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State