Swedes get third at Dawson County meet
COZAD—This spring’s wind continued to blow Thursday as Swede golfers spent another afternoon battling the gusts during the Dawson County meet at the Cozad Country Club.
Gothenburg coach Don Graham said the Swedes continue to battle the mental aspects of the game, allowing one or two bad holes to affect the final outcome.
Lexington and Cozad tied for first with identical 432 team scores.
Lexington captured a repeat title on a one-hole playoff 22-27 to take the county title.
Gothenburg finished with 474 in the best five-of-eight scoring.
Shad Wellman of Lexington was the meet medalist shooting a 78 on the day.
Gothenburg junior Jeramie VanAcker came in a close second at 80 with Eric Zimbleman of Cozad third carding 82.
Swede senior Coltin Bebensee was just outside the top eight golfers, finishing with 89.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates