Swedes get third at Dawson County meet
COZAD—This spring’s wind continued to blow Thursday as Swede golfers spent another afternoon battling the gusts during the Dawson County meet at the Cozad Country Club.
Gothenburg coach Don Graham said the Swedes continue to battle the mental aspects of the game, allowing one or two bad holes to affect the final outcome.
Lexington and Cozad tied for first with identical 432 team scores.
Lexington captured a repeat title on a one-hole playoff 22-27 to take the county title.
Gothenburg finished with 474 in the best five-of-eight scoring.
Shad Wellman of Lexington was the meet medalist shooting a 78 on the day.
Gothenburg junior Jeramie VanAcker came in a close second at 80 with Eric Zimbleman of Cozad third carding 82.
Swede senior Coltin Bebensee was just outside the top eight golfers, finishing with 89.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC