VanAcker wins invite; Swedes prepare for SWC
BROKEN BOW—Gothenburg golfer Jeramie VanAcker finished his sophomore season last year on a high note, shooting 77 at the district meet to qualify for state.
This spring has been hit and miss so far for the busy returning letter winner as other activities have divided the junior’s time.
But everything came together once again for VanAcker at the Broken Bow Invite on Friday.
He shot 39 on the first nine holes and was one stroke better on the second to tie his personal best score of 77 and win the meet medal.
“Jeramie had two good, solid meets back to back,” said Swede coach Don Graham, referring also to VanAcker’s second-place finish at the Dawson County meet carding an 80. “Let’s hope he’s on track now for the rest of the year.”
VanAcker was smooth through the Broken Bow Country Club course, finishing four-over-par on the day.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president