Pohlman gets gold at Best of Midwest
SUTHERLAND—Brady senior Kyle Pohlman was the lone Eagle to earn a gold medal at Sutherland’s Best of the Midwest track and field meet May 3.
Pohlman took first in the triple jump with a distance of 42 feet, 5 inches, a foot farther than the second-place finisher.
Eagle coach Rich Britten said Pohlman had an outstanding day, placing also in the 100-meter dash and the long jump.
“It’s a really good meet for kids to see where they stand compared to other kids from this area,” Britten said.
Fellow senior Brad Ward brought home two silver medals in the long jump and high jump.
On the girls side, the 4x800 relay was the highest finisher for Brady in third place with a time of 10:45.9.
Britten said the team of Molly Hannon, Dakota Terry, Lexi Franzen and Courtney Widick shaved roughly 20 seconds off the previous best time and is now about 10 seconds from matching the school record.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney