Pohlman gets gold at Best of Midwest
SUTHERLAND—Brady senior Kyle Pohlman was the lone Eagle to earn a gold medal at Sutherland’s Best of the Midwest track and field meet May 3.
Pohlman took first in the triple jump with a distance of 42 feet, 5 inches, a foot farther than the second-place finisher.
Eagle coach Rich Britten said Pohlman had an outstanding day, placing also in the 100-meter dash and the long jump.
“It’s a really good meet for kids to see where they stand compared to other kids from this area,” Britten said.
Fellow senior Brad Ward brought home two silver medals in the long jump and high jump.
On the girls side, the 4x800 relay was the highest finisher for Brady in third place with a time of 10:45.9.
Britten said the team of Molly Hannon, Dakota Terry, Lexi Franzen and Courtney Widick shaved roughly 20 seconds off the previous best time and is now about 10 seconds from matching the school record.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics