Pohlman gets gold at Best of Midwest
SUTHERLAND—Brady senior Kyle Pohlman was the lone Eagle to earn a gold medal at Sutherland’s Best of the Midwest track and field meet May 3.
Pohlman took first in the triple jump with a distance of 42 feet, 5 inches, a foot farther than the second-place finisher.
Eagle coach Rich Britten said Pohlman had an outstanding day, placing also in the 100-meter dash and the long jump.
“It’s a really good meet for kids to see where they stand compared to other kids from this area,” Britten said.
Fellow senior Brad Ward brought home two silver medals in the long jump and high jump.
On the girls side, the 4x800 relay was the highest finisher for Brady in third place with a time of 10:45.9.
Britten said the team of Molly Hannon, Dakota Terry, Lexi Franzen and Courtney Widick shaved roughly 20 seconds off the previous best time and is now about 10 seconds from matching the school record.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities