Gothenburg hosting junior high championship
The second annual Nebraska Junior High Championship track and field meet will be at Gothenburg High School beginning at noon on Saturday.
The top 24 seventh- and eighth-grade boys and girls in each individual event plus the top 16 relays have been invited to compete based on results posted by coaches on www.athletic.net, a track and field record keeping Internet site.
Meet director Jim Clark said approximately 75 schools will be represented at the meet including boys and girls from Gothenburg and Brady.
Field events begin at 11 a.m.. They include high jump, pole vault, long jump, triple jump, shot and discus.
Running events are set to start at noon. Preliminary races will be run in the 100-meter dash and 100-meter hurdles. All other races will be final heats run against time.
Find the complete story in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Fashion favorites and ‘All That Jazz’
- Wellness Center fund-raising for indoor bikes
- Brady Days celebrates 125th anniversary of village founding
- Development group honors village for its innovation
- Meet your new councilman
- Relay For Life fundraising tops $54,000
- Pushing back against high-priced meds
- Sedlak-Poff champs of member-guest tourney