Swede boys solid at Cozad, prepared for B-6 district
COZAD—Any time athletes compete in track and field events, there is a possibility of injury.
Gothenburg coach Steve Reeves has been around long enough to know that the week before the district track meet isn’t the time to take risks.
That’s why he tapered back the number of events many of his Swedes competed in during the Cozad Invite on Friday.
“We try to take it a little easy,” Reeves said. “Still, the kids competed very well.”
The Swedes won six individual events and one relay in the non-scoring meet which is the last competition before the B-6 district meet at McCook on Thursday.
Senior Cody Ostergard was a double winner in the 400-meter dash and the long jump.
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout