Swede boys solid at Cozad, prepared for B-6 district
COZAD—Any time athletes compete in track and field events, there is a possibility of injury.
Gothenburg coach Steve Reeves has been around long enough to know that the week before the district track meet isn’t the time to take risks.
That’s why he tapered back the number of events many of his Swedes competed in during the Cozad Invite on Friday.
“We try to take it a little easy,” Reeves said. “Still, the kids competed very well.”
The Swedes won six individual events and one relay in the non-scoring meet which is the last competition before the B-6 district meet at McCook on Thursday.
Senior Cody Ostergard was a double winner in the 400-meter dash and the long jump.
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates