Swede boys solid at Cozad, prepared for B-6 district
COZAD—Any time athletes compete in track and field events, there is a possibility of injury.
Gothenburg coach Steve Reeves has been around long enough to know that the week before the district track meet isn’t the time to take risks.
That’s why he tapered back the number of events many of his Swedes competed in during the Cozad Invite on Friday.
“We try to take it a little easy,” Reeves said. “Still, the kids competed very well.”
The Swedes won six individual events and one relay in the non-scoring meet which is the last competition before the B-6 district meet at McCook on Thursday.
Senior Cody Ostergard was a double winner in the 400-meter dash and the long jump.
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins