Swede boys solid at Cozad, prepared for B-6 district
COZAD—Any time athletes compete in track and field events, there is a possibility of injury.
Gothenburg coach Steve Reeves has been around long enough to know that the week before the district track meet isn’t the time to take risks.
That’s why he tapered back the number of events many of his Swedes competed in during the Cozad Invite on Friday.
“We try to take it a little easy,” Reeves said. “Still, the kids competed very well.”
The Swedes won six individual events and one relay in the non-scoring meet which is the last competition before the B-6 district meet at McCook on Thursday.
Senior Cody Ostergard was a double winner in the 400-meter dash and the long jump.
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC