Helping cure for cancer
TAKING A LAP: After the Dudley Elementary track meet Monday, students walked a lap in honor of the upcoming Dawson County Relay For Life. Last week, they raised $578 for the relay which will go to the American Cancer Society. Students brought pennies on Monday, nickels on Tuesday, dimes on Wednesday, quarters on Thursday and a dollar Friday which earned them the privilege to wear a cap. The county Relay For Life will be July 29-30 in Cozad. Pictured are, l-r: Tanner Deepe, TaeLyn Alvarez, Devyn Ostendorf, Rachel Darling, Stacy Martinez and fourth-grade teacher Mary Meisinger.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.