Junior high relay first at state meet
Four Brady eighth-grade girls proved Saturday that they have the fastest combination in the state.
Autumn Hild, Josie Palmer, MaKaela Franzen and Shaylin McClellen earned gold medals in the 4x100 relay during the Nebraska Junior High Championship meet in Gothenburg.
Their time of 53.97 seconds was nearly a full second ahead of second place finisher Aurora.
It is also three-hundredths faster than the Brady High School 4x100 relay record at 54.0 seconds set earlier this month in Arnold.
Four Brady junior high girls competed in six individual events as well as two relays.
Five Brady boys also competed in four individual events plus one relay.
The girls finished in 10th place in the team standings with 19 points. None of the boys earned medals in their events.
BRADY GIRLS RESULTS
Find the complete story and individual results in our print edition. Receive the entire issue of the Gothenburg Times on-line in PDF format each Wednesday for only $25 per year. Call 308-537-3636 to subscribe.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics