GHS student to speak at Memorial Day service
Josh Clark, who will be a Gothenburg High School senior, is the featured speaker at Memorial Day services Monday, May 30, at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
The public is invited to the 10 a.m. event.
Greetings will be offered by American Legion vice commander Mike Sayer with the invocation given by chaplain Bill Hayward.
Sayer will lead the audience in the pledge of allegiance. KaSondra Kuhlman, a 2011 GHS graduate, and GHS alum Mary Streeter will sing the national anthem.
Jacob Beck will sing “Patriot Song.”
Members of the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars and auxiliaries will place wreaths on the graves of veterans.
The Gothenburg Honor Guard will fire a salute and play taps.
In case of rain, the program will be at the Senior Center.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president