GHS student to speak at Memorial Day service
Josh Clark, who will be a Gothenburg High School senior, is the featured speaker at Memorial Day services Monday, May 30, at the Gothenburg Cemetery.
The public is invited to the 10 a.m. event.
Greetings will be offered by American Legion vice commander Mike Sayer with the invocation given by chaplain Bill Hayward.
Sayer will lead the audience in the pledge of allegiance. KaSondra Kuhlman, a 2011 GHS graduate, and GHS alum Mary Streeter will sing the national anthem.
Jacob Beck will sing “Patriot Song.”
Members of the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars and auxiliaries will place wreaths on the graves of veterans.
The Gothenburg Honor Guard will fire a salute and play taps.
In case of rain, the program will be at the Senior Center.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite