Deadline extended for ACRE certification
The USDA Farm Service Agency has announced that the 2010 Average Crop Revenue Election (ACRE) production certification deadline has been extended to Sept. 1.
Producers who participate in the ACRE program receive revenue-based payments as an alternative to receiving price-based counter-cyclical (CC) payments.
The original July 15 deadline was extended to Sept. 1 due to the large workload that many county offices are experiencing. The extension applies to reporting the farm benchmark yields for 2005 through 2009 and the actual farm yield for 2010.
Because of the extended deadline, FSA county offices will not be authorized to use a late-file register—meaning no ACRE production certifications will be accepted beyond the Sept. 1 date.
It is important to note that this extension does NOT apply to 2011 acreage reporting.
For questions regarding ACRE certification, please contact any county FSA office.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite