50 years as a priest celebrated
The Rev. Don O’Brien, pastor of Our Lady of Good Counsel of Gothenburg and Christ the King of Cozad Catholic churches celebrated the 50th anniversary of his ordination Sunday during a special liturgy in Gothenburg and dinner at Cozad. Among the special guests attending were William Dendinger, bishop of the Grand Island Diocese, about 15 priests from the diocese, family, former students and longtime friends including members of his graduating class from St. Patrick High School in North Platte. Homilist at the mass was longtime friend, the Rev. Lawrence Fenton, who reflected on Rev. O’Brien’s many years of service to the church. Rev. O’Brien has been pastor of the Gothenburg and Cozad churches for 22 years. He has also served churches in Grand Island, Shelton, Ainsworth and Scottsbluff. He was involved for many years with the Veterans Administration hospital in Grand Island, particularly with the alcohol/drug dependency unit.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly