Keiser to play in amateur championship
A 2007 Gothenburg High School graduate qualified last week for the U.S. Women’s Amateur Public Links Championship during a tournament in Lincoln.
Katie Keiser of Gothenburg won a one-hole playoff against former University of Nebraska teammate J.C. (Stevenson) Weaver of Grand Island after the two women tied for the second of two qualifying spots with an 18-hole score of 78, two strokes behind leader Kim Kaufman of Clark, SD.
Keiser will compete in the national championship June 27 to July 2 at Bandon Dunes in Oregon. She is the daughter of Brian and Torey Keiser.
- Lake Helen coming to life
- Dist. 20 state aid chopped
- Dawson County 4-H students return from trip East
- Rodeo, fun walk part of July 4 events
- Pony Express Re-ride gallops past Gothenburg
- Jack Ostergard part of Nebraska Sandhills Cowboy Hall of Fame
- Commissioners receive four bids for new culverts
- City council forced to go with gut over escaped dog