Brady library hosts summer story hour
The Brady public library will host a summer story hour for children 4 years old to fourth grade beginning on June 21.
Jeanine Davis will share stories from Nebraska and about Nebraska at 9:30 a.m. on five consecutive Tuesdays through July 19.
Parents wishing to enroll their children or anyone wanting to volunteer to help should contact Davis at 584-3790.
The library is also encouraging reading by junior high and high school students as well as adults.
Famous novels, poems and stories listed in the American Profile magazine last winter from the 20 most famous American authors have been assembled including writers such as Willa Cather, Mark Twain, Jack London and John Steinbeck.
Participants must sign up at the library in one of three age divisions and a list will be kept of items read from June 2 to Aug. 5.
The person in each age group who reads the most books by the 20 authors will earn a prize.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout