Brady library hosts summer story hour
The Brady public library will host a summer story hour for children 4 years old to fourth grade beginning on June 21.
Jeanine Davis will share stories from Nebraska and about Nebraska at 9:30 a.m. on five consecutive Tuesdays through July 19.
Parents wishing to enroll their children or anyone wanting to volunteer to help should contact Davis at 584-3790.
The library is also encouraging reading by junior high and high school students as well as adults.
Famous novels, poems and stories listed in the American Profile magazine last winter from the 20 most famous American authors have been assembled including writers such as Willa Cather, Mark Twain, Jack London and John Steinbeck.
Participants must sign up at the library in one of three age divisions and a list will be kept of items read from June 2 to Aug. 5.
The person in each age group who reads the most books by the 20 authors will earn a prize.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics