Brady library hosts summer story hour
The Brady public library will host a summer story hour for children 4 years old to fourth grade beginning on June 21.
Jeanine Davis will share stories from Nebraska and about Nebraska at 9:30 a.m. on five consecutive Tuesdays through July 19.
Parents wishing to enroll their children or anyone wanting to volunteer to help should contact Davis at 584-3790.
The library is also encouraging reading by junior high and high school students as well as adults.
Famous novels, poems and stories listed in the American Profile magazine last winter from the 20 most famous American authors have been assembled including writers such as Willa Cather, Mark Twain, Jack London and John Steinbeck.
Participants must sign up at the library in one of three age divisions and a list will be kept of items read from June 2 to Aug. 5.
The person in each age group who reads the most books by the 20 authors will earn a prize.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30