Golfers battle wind in scramble event
Winners post 16-under score.
A total of 38 teams battled extremely windy conditions for the 18-hole Memorial Day four-person scramble tournament at Wild Horse Golf Club.
The team of Preston Foster, Josh Weaver, Brian Schimick and Mike Shore breezed to the title shooting a 56 for a five-stoke victory. Their 27 on the front nine included two eagles and five birdies. They finished with a 29 that featured one eagle and five birdies.
The second flight was won by Pat Ackerman, Rick Ackerman, Brady Sturgis and Mike Borton with a 64.
Taking the third flight with a 67 were Ed Foster, Aaron Foster, Lauren Keiser and Rusty Hawkyard.
The fourth flight was won by Ed Fruit, Shane Fruit, Ron Eckloff and Robert Moncrief.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics