Golfers battle wind in scramble event
Winners post 16-under score.
A total of 38 teams battled extremely windy conditions for the 18-hole Memorial Day four-person scramble tournament at Wild Horse Golf Club.
The team of Preston Foster, Josh Weaver, Brian Schimick and Mike Shore breezed to the title shooting a 56 for a five-stoke victory. Their 27 on the front nine included two eagles and five birdies. They finished with a 29 that featured one eagle and five birdies.
The second flight was won by Pat Ackerman, Rick Ackerman, Brady Sturgis and Mike Borton with a 64.
Taking the third flight with a 67 were Ed Foster, Aaron Foster, Lauren Keiser and Rusty Hawkyard.
The fourth flight was won by Ed Fruit, Shane Fruit, Ron Eckloff and Robert Moncrief.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action