Golfers battle wind in scramble event
Winners post 16-under score.
A total of 38 teams battled extremely windy conditions for the 18-hole Memorial Day four-person scramble tournament at Wild Horse Golf Club.
The team of Preston Foster, Josh Weaver, Brian Schimick and Mike Shore breezed to the title shooting a 56 for a five-stoke victory. Their 27 on the front nine included two eagles and five birdies. They finished with a 29 that featured one eagle and five birdies.
The second flight was won by Pat Ackerman, Rick Ackerman, Brady Sturgis and Mike Borton with a 64.
Taking the third flight with a 67 were Ed Foster, Aaron Foster, Lauren Keiser and Rusty Hawkyard.
The fourth flight was won by Ed Fruit, Shane Fruit, Ron Eckloff and Robert Moncrief.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship