Golfers battle wind in scramble event
Winners post 16-under score.
A total of 38 teams battled extremely windy conditions for the 18-hole Memorial Day four-person scramble tournament at Wild Horse Golf Club.
The team of Preston Foster, Josh Weaver, Brian Schimick and Mike Shore breezed to the title shooting a 56 for a five-stoke victory. Their 27 on the front nine included two eagles and five birdies. They finished with a 29 that featured one eagle and five birdies.
The second flight was won by Pat Ackerman, Rick Ackerman, Brady Sturgis and Mike Borton with a 64.
Taking the third flight with a 67 were Ed Foster, Aaron Foster, Lauren Keiser and Rusty Hawkyard.
The fourth flight was won by Ed Fruit, Shane Fruit, Ron Eckloff and Robert Moncrief.
- Born in a hollow
- GMH prepares for Wellness Fair next week
- Music students receive top ratings at district contest Friday
- Council says ‘no’ to rebuilt fence
- Science Olympians 10th at state
- Riley wins 3200 run in JV invite
- Swede girls are competitive at Bader Invitational
- Reserve girls sweep sprints and relays