Gothenburg Swim Team wins title at Elwood
ELWOOD—The Gothenburg Swim Team won its first team title of the summer during a meet at Elwood on Saturday.
After finishing runner-up in the first Plains tSunami Swim League meet of the season at Cambridge on June 4, the Gothenburg team scored 451 points at Elwood including 31 first-place finishes to edge out Lexington, which was second with 445 points.
Some of the swimmers completed exhibition races for times and not for places. Those races are noted with EX.
Gothenburg will host the third meet of the central region of the Plains tSunami league on Saturday with events beginning at 9 a.m. at the Gothenburg pool.
Between 150 and 200 swimmers are expected to compete in 134 events.
Visiting teams include Lexington, Minden, Elwood and Eustis-Farnam.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates