Gothenburg Swim Team wins title at Elwood
ELWOOD—The Gothenburg Swim Team won its first team title of the summer during a meet at Elwood on Saturday.
After finishing runner-up in the first Plains tSunami Swim League meet of the season at Cambridge on June 4, the Gothenburg team scored 451 points at Elwood including 31 first-place finishes to edge out Lexington, which was second with 445 points.
Some of the swimmers completed exhibition races for times and not for places. Those races are noted with EX.
Gothenburg will host the third meet of the central region of the Plains tSunami league on Saturday with events beginning at 9 a.m. at the Gothenburg pool.
Between 150 and 200 swimmers are expected to compete in 134 events.
Visiting teams include Lexington, Minden, Elwood and Eustis-Farnam.
- Two Swedes in winner’s circle
- Cozad contains Swedes in rivalry game
- Swedes fail to sweep Chase County
- New county leadership
- Eagles fly high after 1-1 weekend
- Gasoline prices catching up with drop in crude oil prices
- Lecturer says genetically engineered animals could ease world hunger
- Peterson: Movie-making in Chicago friendlier atmosphere than in LA, NYC