Wake up, support Republicanism
Americans—we’re a republic.
Wake up please, and read your Constitution.
Article IV, Section 4 reads: “The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a Republican form of government.” The article refers to a republic—limited government, not a democracy—majority rule, mob rule.
No where in our Constitution is democracy mentioned, nor the words “separation of church and state.”
Could it be that liberal politicians—always promoting more government and taxes—over the decades, have “snookered” us into thinking we’re a democracy? Let the reader decide.
Whistling the Battle Hymn of the Republic, reflect upon the Texas Republic, Republic in California’s state flag, and Franklin’s answering a lady’s question, “a Republic ma’am if you can keep it.”
Support Republicanism—work for less government, less taxes, more responsibility and, with God’s help, a better world! Example: ask oppressors: “Sir/Ma’am, are you aware of any law that gives you or your agency legislative jurisdiction over me? Show me.”
We’re a republic, not a democracy. Let’s keep it that way as in our flag salute!
Dr. Allen R. Geiken (Ret.), Gothenburg
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates