Wake up, support Republicanism
Americans—we’re a republic.
Wake up please, and read your Constitution.
Article IV, Section 4 reads: “The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a Republican form of government.” The article refers to a republic—limited government, not a democracy—majority rule, mob rule.
No where in our Constitution is democracy mentioned, nor the words “separation of church and state.”
Could it be that liberal politicians—always promoting more government and taxes—over the decades, have “snookered” us into thinking we’re a democracy? Let the reader decide.
Whistling the Battle Hymn of the Republic, reflect upon the Texas Republic, Republic in California’s state flag, and Franklin’s answering a lady’s question, “a Republic ma’am if you can keep it.”
Support Republicanism—work for less government, less taxes, more responsibility and, with God’s help, a better world! Example: ask oppressors: “Sir/Ma’am, are you aware of any law that gives you or your agency legislative jurisdiction over me? Show me.”
We’re a republic, not a democracy. Let’s keep it that way as in our flag salute!
Dr. Allen R. Geiken (Ret.), Gothenburg
- Consultant retained for Lake Helen City engineer finalizing design
- Surveys reveal BBQ challenge successful
- Tears, laughter, dancing highlight GHS graduation
- ‘Circle of Friends’ said to be successful
- Tiani Reeves leads a group of five Swede state qualifiers
- Swedes place 8th at Cozad Invitational
- Golfers improve on West Wind course
- Legion baseball season begins May 23