Water and crops field day is June 30
The seventh annual West Central Water and Crops Field Day will be June 30 near Brule.
The event will be at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s West Central Water Resources Field Laboratory and the Armstrong family’s Purty Punkins Farm south and west of Brule.
The free event will run from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. MT. It will include sessions on water use by crops, irrigation technology for efficient water use, economic and environmentally sustainable corn stover harvest and water for food innovations. Afternoon research and field demonstrations will include corn residue removal, variable rate irrigation and nutrient management, strategies to optimize irrigation water use and rainfall simulation to show effect of residue cover in infiltration and erosion.
- Luncheon Carolers
- Eagles grounded
- Brady bounces Paxton, Twin Loup
- Brady school board working through superintendent search
- Generous donations push Shares fund closer to the top
- Reeves named to OWH All-Nebraska first team
- County board agrees to remodeling bids
- Swede girls get confidence and a win at Grant