Swim meet goes swimmingly
On Saturday, June 18, the Gothenburg Swim Team hosted Minden, Lexington and Elwood with approximately 165 swimmers competing in 134 events, for a total of around 570 splashes. The meet went very smoothly and could not have without all of the community support we received in the days leading up to the meet.
We appreciate Frito-Lay for donating chips, as well as Pony Express Chevrolet and Runza for donating ice for the concession stand. We’d also like to express gratitude the City of Gothenburg for spraying around the pool for mosquitoes, the pool manager and guards for prepping the pool and guarding during the meet, and especially all of the community members who came to support the team and cheer for our swimmers.
We are reminded, once again, how fortunate we are to live in this town!
The Gothenburg Swim Team
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics