TOXICITY POTENTIAL: Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality officials have confirmed that a type of blue-green algae, that can cause sickness in humans and potential death to dogs, cats and other animals which drink the water, has been detected in Lake Helen.
As a result, city officials have erected a sign warning residents of the possible danger. They say the lake is safe for boating and fishing but recommend hand washing for anyone who comes into contact with the water. More information about the toxin is available here.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout