TOXICITY POTENTIAL: Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality officials have confirmed that a type of blue-green algae, that can cause sickness in humans and potential death to dogs, cats and other animals which drink the water, has been detected in Lake Helen.
As a result, city officials have erected a sign warning residents of the possible danger. They say the lake is safe for boating and fishing but recommend hand washing for anyone who comes into contact with the water. More information about the toxin is available here.
- Money for Meals on Wheels
- Tooting his tuba
- City personnel, committees, boards named
- FDA approved doesn’t guarantee medicines are safe or effective
- Friendly fuel prices hit town
- Gothenburg defense limits Broken Bow to just 21 points
- Upon further review, loss to Cozad wasn’t so bad
- Brady on both sides of blowout