TOXICITY POTENTIAL: Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality officials have confirmed that a type of blue-green algae, that can cause sickness in humans and potential death to dogs, cats and other animals which drink the water, has been detected in Lake Helen.
As a result, city officials have erected a sign warning residents of the possible danger. They say the lake is safe for boating and fishing but recommend hand washing for anyone who comes into contact with the water. More information about the toxin is available here.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics