TOXICITY POTENTIAL: Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality officials have confirmed that a type of blue-green algae, that can cause sickness in humans and potential death to dogs, cats and other animals which drink the water, has been detected in Lake Helen.
As a result, city officials have erected a sign warning residents of the possible danger. They say the lake is safe for boating and fishing but recommend hand washing for anyone who comes into contact with the water. More information about the toxin is available here.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates