TOXICITY POTENTIAL: Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality officials have confirmed that a type of blue-green algae, that can cause sickness in humans and potential death to dogs, cats and other animals which drink the water, has been detected in Lake Helen.
As a result, city officials have erected a sign warning residents of the possible danger. They say the lake is safe for boating and fishing but recommend hand washing for anyone who comes into contact with the water. More information about the toxin is available here.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship