Rotary tourney raises $4,000 for projects
The Gothenburg Rotary Club hosted its largest youth baseball tournament ever Saturday at the city’s four-plex.
A total of 17 teams compete in three age groups. The teams placing included:10 and under—1. Lexington, 2. Cozad.
11 and under—1. Broken Bow, 2 Gothenburg
12 and under—1. Holdrege, 2. Gothenburg
Other towns represented include Holdrege, Sidney, Imperial and Minden.
Over $4,000 was raised to support Rotary projects such as scholarships, dictionaries for elementary students, leadership camps, Christmas food baskets, Polio Plus campaign to eradicate polio worldwide and various international projects such as water wells in Haiti.
To view and order team photos taken at the tournament, click on "Photos" in the menu bar.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics