Rotary tourney raises $4,000 for projects
The Gothenburg Rotary Club hosted its largest youth baseball tournament ever Saturday at the city’s four-plex.
A total of 17 teams compete in three age groups. The teams placing included:10 and under—1. Lexington, 2. Cozad.
11 and under—1. Broken Bow, 2 Gothenburg
12 and under—1. Holdrege, 2. Gothenburg
Other towns represented include Holdrege, Sidney, Imperial and Minden.
Over $4,000 was raised to support Rotary projects such as scholarships, dictionaries for elementary students, leadership camps, Christmas food baskets, Polio Plus campaign to eradicate polio worldwide and various international projects such as water wells in Haiti.
To view and order team photos taken at the tournament, click on "Photos" in the menu bar.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout