TRAIN DERAILS: For a Union Pacific Railroad conductor from Gothenburg, this trip near Lake McConaughy got too bumpy. An east bound coal train going from Wyoming to Illinois experienced a 37-car derailment at 7:20 a.m. MT on Sunday, according to Mark Davis, UP public information officer. While there were no injuries, conductor Lynn Taylor of Gothenburg was taken to a hospital at Ogallala for observation, a family member said. Crews worked throughout the day to clear the cars and begin replacing track that was damaged as a result of the derailment. A total of 800 feet of track had to be replaced that was damaged as the result of the derailment. The cause of the derailment is under investigation.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship