Swimmers qualify for league championship
MINDEN—All 39 members of the Gothenburg Swim Team who competed in the Plains tSunami Swim League qualifying meet at Minden over the weekend earned the right to try for a league title during the championship meet that will be hosted by Lexington on Saturday.
More than half of Gothenburg’s swimmers qualified for the championship in one or more individual events by finishing in the top three.
The rest are members of a qualifying relay.
Four members of the Gothenburg team earned four individual event titles. Gracie Stienike, Keely Lecher, Roman Schmidt and Ryan O’Hare took home four first-place finishes each in their respective age divisions.
Madeline Jorgenson and Lisa Jorgenson each earned two firsts apiece.
Other teams competing were Elm Creek, Elwood, Franklin, Holdrege, Lexington and Minden.
The league championship is the last meet of the summer. There will be swimmers from 23 central Nebraska teams represented.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500