Swimmers qualify for league championship
MINDEN—All 39 members of the Gothenburg Swim Team who competed in the Plains tSunami Swim League qualifying meet at Minden over the weekend earned the right to try for a league title during the championship meet that will be hosted by Lexington on Saturday.
More than half of Gothenburg’s swimmers qualified for the championship in one or more individual events by finishing in the top three.
The rest are members of a qualifying relay.
Four members of the Gothenburg team earned four individual event titles. Gracie Stienike, Keely Lecher, Roman Schmidt and Ryan O’Hare took home four first-place finishes each in their respective age divisions.
Madeline Jorgenson and Lisa Jorgenson each earned two firsts apiece.
Other teams competing were Elm Creek, Elwood, Franklin, Holdrege, Lexington and Minden.
The league championship is the last meet of the summer. There will be swimmers from 23 central Nebraska teams represented.
- Blauvelt learns it’s okay not to be perfect parent
- Pipelines fill stock tanks in rolling hills
- Memorial Day services set at city cemetery
- PASS THE BOOTS
- Messersmith makes the cut for state
- McCook Community College recognizes two Brady graduates
- Village board looking to enzyme to battle grease
- Tim Strauser installed as funeral directors president