Bounty of ribbons
PROUD EARNER: Roxanne Schroeder was pleasantly surprised that she did so well with produce she prepared and candy she entered at the Dawson County Fair. Schroeder’s buttery cashew brittle was the best in the class and best of show (center ribbon). She also earned first-place ribbons for her holiday cranberry jam, blueberry-lime jam and green tomato salsa and second place for her strawberry rhubarb jam. She encourages others to share what they grow and make at the fair.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action